Worried that your home may have a gas leak?
If you suspect you have a gas leak, contact Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain right away. We can repair the leak so you can ensure your home and family are safe.
Gas Leak Detection and Repair Specialists in Denton, Texas
Natural gas is an alternative and economical source of energy that many U.S. households use to cut back on energy costs. Unfortunately, natural gas is toxic to humans, and gas leaks are very dangerous.
Signs of a Gas Leak
The following key signs can assist you in gas leak detection:
- Patches of dead vegetation around your home is a strong sign that you are experiencing a gas leak. Underground gas leaks can result in small patches of dead grass in an otherwise healthy lawn.
- Hissing sounds around your gas lines indicate a significant tear or breakage in the line, which allows gas to escape. If you hear this hissing sound and have ruled out other appliances, then it is time to call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain.
- The smell of rotten eggs can also be an indication of natural gas. It is important to not jump to conclusions; rule out the possibilities of a garbage disposal or an overdue trash can. If you can rule out those options, it is important to leave the house and contact our team.
- An odd fog around your property can be a sign of a ruptured gas line. This will often be accompanied by dead patches of grass in your yard. If you notice this kind of fog, then you should stay away from the property until the gas line is repaired.
What Do I Do if There Is a Gas Leak?
The most important thing to remember about natural gas is that it is toxic to humans (over long periods) and that it is highly flammable.
If you suspect your home is suffering from a gas leak, take the following steps.
- Open windows and leave the area immediately. Staying in your home or the affected area could result in experiencing symptoms such as headaches and nausea.
- Evacuate all individuals and pets from the home. Do not under any circumstances, stay in the home if you suspect that there is a gas leak. Doing so puts your life at risk.
- Do not turn off the gas. This could spark a fire or result in damage to the pipe or gas appliances.
- Contact Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain immediately. Safety is our number one concern, which is why our team will do everything in its power to ensure we answer your call quickly and directly.
Our certified plumbers will perform tests to locate the source of the gas leak and get it resolved quickly so that you and your family can continue enjoying the best life has to offer.